Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Getting Closer

Things continue to move little by little. There is a small break for the Easter holiday. Now we are getting into more of the details. In the pictures you can see the concrete work being done for the floor slab. All the rooms and the veranda are completed with a rough slab. After, the rooms will get tile and the veranda a finish slab. If you click on the photo and zoom in you can see at the top of the building they have finished with a concrete cap for the top of the wall. I have yet to purchase the windows and doors, because I am still trying to find a good price. This has to get done soon though. The metal roof over the veranda should be underway next week as well as the stair to get to the terrace. I had a bit of stress recently as well. The contractor was trying to pull some shady business with me. He was trying to say I had to pay him more money for him to do work we had already agreed was part of the contract. It got pretty heated and I was fearing the worst, like I might have to find someone else to finish the work. I think it was an attack, but God interveened. I called a meeting with Marcell, Jerome, and the contractor, and asked Marcel to mediate. Things went really well, because I think he does not want to upset Marcell, for fear of losing future work. He agreed to stick to his word and complete all the work discussed. We made a new contract listing all the work to be completed in detail, and also the remaining money to be paid. So I think things are ok for now, I just hope he does not try to pull and more funny stuff. You never know… I had some interesing ministry opportunities lately. I met a man from Ghana who is a pastor and missionary here in Senegal. I shared with him about my Ghana experiences and he invited me to come at preach at a conference he was having in a nearby village. I found out something very strange, there are over 1500 Ghanians living in the village of Elinkin. It is like a mini Ghana there, they are even building three Christian churches in this small village. It was weird because they all speak English, and don’t respond to French or Jolla greetings. Anyway I preached at the conference and it went pretty will, I was happy to have another adventure. I returned to Oussouye for Easter and was invited to preach for the Sunday service here. I had a great time and it was a big day of feasting !

No comments: